Thank you for your interest! We are praying for this process and we will be contacting candidates who make application after July 15th.
Holy Cross Lutheran Church, a vibrant Christian community undergoing a redevelopment process, seeks a motivated and joyful person of faith to enrich our journey of renewal by leading the musical portions of our worship experiences, directing and accompanying a vocal choir, and equipping others to use their musical gifts for our life together. Holy Cross seeks someone with keyboard proficiency comfortable leading from both the piano and the organ.
Please send cover letter and resume to Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 6901 Wyoming Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109, 505-821-4676, and/or email@example.com .
Title: Music Minister
Reports To: Congregational Council
Annual Salary: $13,000
- Accompany weekly worship on Sundays at 9:30 am with a special focus on enabling congregational singing, incorporating the musical gifts of all people (including rehearsal time as needed), and seeking creative ways to incorporate young people into worship
- These same duties for special worship days such as Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
- Four weeks including Sundays for vacation and two weeks including Sundays for continuing education of paid time off
- Direct, accompany, and rehearse with the vocal choir one evening per week for 90 minutes and Sundays 9 to 9:20 am during the school year
- Rehearse with Riverside Brass Ensemble 1 hour per week as needed
- Participate in worship planning with pastor and volunteers
- Demonstrate motivation and initiative through consistent collaboration with people and creative musical experiences for worship
- A self-motivating person of faith who is excited about being on a journey of renewal with a congregation
- Keyboard proficiency being comfortable leading from both the piano and the organ
- Proficiency in directing, accompanying, and rehearsing with a vocal choir including selecting music